Grilled Comfort Cream Sandwich
- 2 cups spinach, washed and stems removed
- 4 panini, ciabatta or small baguette loaves
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 unpeeled pear, thinly sliced
- ¾ lb (375 g) Comfort Cream, sliced
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat panini press to medium – high.
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe dish with 2 tbsp (30 ml) water. Cover and cook 2 minutes on high. Drain and set aside.
- Open bread and evenly divide ingredients among sandwiches, layering them. Close sandwiches.
- Grill on panini press.
- Serve immediately.
- This sandwich is just as delicious with raw spinach.
- Comfort Cream can be substituted with Niagara Gold.
- The sandwiches can be prepared ahead of time without grilling. The pears, however, should only be added just prior to serving to ensure they do not turn black.
Upper Canada Cheese Company http://uppercanadacheese.com/