Comfort Cream Thumbprint Cookies With Sugar Plum Chutney
- 1 ½ cups of butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups of white sugar
- 8 oz of Comfort Cream with rind removed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 ½ cups of flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 jar of Sugar Plum chutney (Village Gourmet)
- ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and Comfort Cream until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Combine the baking powder and the flour; stir into the butter mixture until just combined. Cover and chill for about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F. Roll 1 tbsp. of dough at a time into balls, and place them 2” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the centre of each ball and fill the indentation with ½ tsp. of Sugar Plum chutney.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden. Allow the cookies to cool, and then sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.
Upper Canada Cheese Company http://uppercanadacheese.com/