Comfort Cream Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic or wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups cubed day-old baguette
- 1 cup diced Comfort Cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup each 10% cream and milk
- ½ tsp each ground nutmeg, salt and pepper
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; fry onions, stirring often, until deep golden brown, about 25 minutes. Stir in vinegar, honey and thyme.
- In a large bowl, toss together bread, cheese and onion mixture. Spoon into a shallow greased 8-cup gratin dish.
- In bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper; pour over bread mixture and press. Let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes (Make ahead and store in a covered container for up to 24 hours).
- Bake in 350 degree F (180 degree C) oven until crisp, browned and knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Makes 9 servings.
Upper Canada Cheese Company http://uppercanadacheese.com/