Artichoke and Guernsey Girl Terrine
- 12-14 pieces Roasted trimmed and marinated Sun chokes
- 100 ml Stratus White, 2006
- ½ tsp Minced Fresh Garlic
- 2 tbsp Chopped Rosemary, Thyme and Parsley
- 300 gr Upper Canada Guernsey Girl cheese
- 6-7 Full slices of Mario’s Pingue Niagara Prosciutto
- 4 Whole eggs
- 4 Yolks
- 1 lt 35% Cream
- Grated nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- This recipe is for a terrine size of 16.2”L, 2.1”W, 3”H (fill 1.3lt) Preheat oven to 320ºF.
- Mix eggs, cream and nutmeg to make a royal, season.
- Marinate cheese in wine and trim to fit terrine.
- Trim marinated artichokes and toss with chopped herbs and roasted garlic.
- Line terrine mold with plastic wrap and then with the ham.
- Starting with the artichokes layer the terrine, then the cheese. Between each layer pour royal, a total of 2 layers each.
- Top up with royal and carefully fold over the ham, to make a “package”.
- Place terrine carefully into a hotel pan and fill ¾ the way up with boiling water and cover with tin foil. Bake terrine for 30 min.
- Check inner temperature with thermometer. Temperature should reach 150ºF. If not ready check again every 15 min. till temperature is reached.
- Pull terrine out off the bath and let chill. Then press terrine over night in the fridge.
- Slice terrine ¼“ with thin sharp knife.
- To serve, gently pan sear the terrine to caramelize the cheese and artichoke. Place on a plate and garnish with a small salad, aged vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and season with fresh thyme leaves and sea salt. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Enjoy.
Upper Canada Cheese Company http://uppercanadacheese.com/